Worker's Compensation

Superior Court employees are covered by the State of Arizona's Workers' Compensation program handled by the Arizona Department of Administration's Risk Management Division (ADOA-RMD).

  • To ensure ADOA-RMD is notified and the claim is processed timely, Superior Court employees and/or Superior Court volunteers must report all work related injuries to both their direct supervisor and Court Human Resources.
  • Court Human Resources reviews the information and submits it to the ADOA-RMD for claim processing.

Please follow the steps 1 - 4 on the right side of this page for reporting injuries by using the Superior Court's Workers' Compensation Packet.

  • The form should be completed by BOTH the employee and supervisor at the time of the injury to ensure all of the details surrounding the injury are documented.
  • Submittal of the Superior Court's Workers' Compensation Packet email to Pinal Superior Courts Human Resources notifies Superior Court Human Resources that an injury has occurred.

The 24/7 Nurse Triage line (aka CORVEL) should not be used for claim reporting. It is designed to ensure an employee receives the appropriate level of care based upon the injury.

  • Please note, the 24/7 Nurse Triage line (CORVEL) will not take a call from an injured worker who has already sought treatment.
  • It is important that Court employees identify themselves as such to ensure the call is taken by the Nurse Triage line.

When calling CORVEL please use the code associated with your department:

  • Adult Probation - 116NB
  • COSC - 116ND
  • Court Administration - 116NA
  • Juvenile Detention - 116NE
  • Juvenile Probation - 116NC

If your injury results in any time off work and/or duty restrictions, please be sure to coordinate with Court Human Resources.

  • Court Human Resources works with departments of the Superior Court to locate temporary return to work (light) duty assignments for employees who have work restrictions preventing them from performing their regular job duties.
  • Please send a copy of the treatment you received, if applicable, by email to Pinal Superior Courts Human Resources as soon as you leave your appointment.
  • If you have been placed on a no work status OR have restrictions you will need to follow your department's established call-in procedure AND notify Superior Court Human Resources via email as soon as possible.

What is Workers' Compensation?

Workers' Compensation is a "no fault" system in which injured workers receive medical and compensation benefits no matter who causes the job-related accident. Workers' Compensation provides benefits such as medical treatment, recovery of lost wages and compensation if the injury results in a permanent disability. The injured worker (also known as a claimant or applicant) may also receive temporary compensation, if eligibility requirements are met.

For more information about Workers' Compensation, please visit the Arizona Department of Administration - Risk Management Division webpage.