What are the requirements of the Work Release Program?


The Adult Detention Center will require the following information and or documentation from the sentenced party at least five days in advance of the commitment period before a Work Release agreement will be granted or have on their person on the date of remand by a Judge before a Work Release agreement will be granted (you must already be sentenced prior to meeting):

  • Proof of a valid and current Driver’s License or State Issued Photo Identification
  • Proof of a valid and current Driver’s License for the person who will transport the Sentenced Party to and from the place of employment
  • Proof of current Automobile Insurance
  • Proof of current Vehicle Registration
  • Sentenced Party’s current residential address
  • Copy of the Commitment Order granting Work or School eligibility
  • Official letterhead from the employer identifying work schedule; business address; contact information for the immediate supervisor of the sentenced party
  • Copy of recent pay stub
  • Self Employed – copy of State of Arizona business license; business address - business must be separate from home address
  • School – official letterhead from the educational institution identifying class schedule; physical address of the institution
  • Participants will be charged a $15 processing fee for each day of participation in either a Work or School release program
  • Participants sentenced outside the jurisdiction of Pinal County will be charged a onetime processing and booking fee of $193.86 and $15.00 for each subsequent day of participation in either a Work or School release program

Note: All Work or School releases are reviewed and approved or denied by the Pinal County Adult Detention Center Administration on a case-by-case basis.

Upon securing the required documentation, please call PCSO-ADC Support Services Monday through Friday from 7 am to 3 pm at 520-866-5001 and ask for the Work Release Coordinator, or email Support Services. We will schedule a meeting to review and verify your documentation. Please don’t email your documents; they must be originals only, brought with you to the required meeting at least 5 business days prior to your incarceration.


A prisoner is not eligible for a prisoner work, community restitution work, and home detention program, or a continuous alcohol monitoring program if any of the following applies:

  • After an independent review and determination of the jail's classification program, the prisoner is found by the sheriff to constitute a risk to either himself or other members of the community
  • The prisoner has a past history of violent behavior
  • The prisoner has been convicted of a serious offense as defined in section 13-706 or has been sentenced as a dangerous offender pursuant to section 13-704 or repetitive offender pursuant to section 13-703
  • Jail time is being served as a result of a felony conviction
  • The sentencing judge states at the time of the sentence that the prisoner may not be eligible for a prisoner work, community restitution work and home detention program or a continuous alcohol monitoring program
  • The prisoner is sentenced to a county jail and is being held for another jurisdiction

Show All Answers

1. How do I send mail to an inmate?
2. How do I send or provide money to an inmate?
3. How do I post a bond for someone?
4. Why do you need my family member’s insurance information?
5. Can my family member use our private physician while in jail?
6. Will my family member get adequate medical care while in jail?
7. Why are inmates made to pay for medical care?
8. Will my family member get to see a religious leader while in jail?
9. Will my family member get enough to eat while in jail?
10. How do I visit someone in Jail?
11. What are the visiting hours?
12. What identification do I have to have to visit?
13. Can I bring the children?
14. How old must someone be to visit?
15. How can I contact the Detention Center?
16. How do I get an emergency message to my family member in your custody?
17. What may I bring into the facility when I am visiting?
18. What is the proper dress code for visitation?
19. May I drop off clothing and food items for my family member?
20. How do I pick up my family members property?
21. If my family member has a complaint, how do they try to solve it?
22. What happens if our family member gets in trouble while in jail? Will they have to stay there longer?
23. What if my family member has an appointment with an outside physician while in jail?
24. What happens if a family member in jail is indigent “without money?”
25. What is the estimated time for an inmate’s release?
26. How can my family members contact me?
27. What are the requirements of the Work Release Program?
28. How do I self surrender?