Submit your move request through Maintenance Connection at least 3 weeks in advance - longer if possible. Your request should include:
- Desired move date
- List of furniture to be moved
- List of room numbers and staff to be moved
- Move to location (room, office, floor, building)
- Move from location (room, office, floor, building)
To prepare for move, please do the following:
- Remove all contents from desks, bookcases, credenzas, file cabinets, etc. scheduled to be moved. All furniture should be empty.
- Facilities does not move personal items; artwork, plants, radio's, etc.
- Put room number or staff name of the new location on the side of the box.
- Boxes should not exceed 50 pounds.
- Place packed boxes on the floor, do not block entrances to office with boxes. Many times furniture is moved first.
- Facilities does not provide boxes.
- Empty wastebaskets and recycle bins (if they are to be moved).
- Lock all drawers and file cabinets. If they cannot be locked, drawers must be taped shut.
Other items to consider:
- Contact IT to disconnect and move all computer, telephone, printers, copiers, etc.
- Contact the vendor for special office or lab equipment to be moved by outside vendor.
- Include in request list any white boards, shelves or other equipment/furniture that is fixed to the building/wall that need removed and reinstalled at new location.